Here at Girls Inc of Durham, we are so grateful to have had the opportunity to be there for our community and continue to provide programming and support throughout 2021, despite fluctuating pandemic restrictions. To recap:
- virtual after-school programming continued for GirlSpace, GirlZone and Mind+Body.
- Our second virtual Spirit of Girls Breakfast fundraiser was a huge success!
- We also hosted our second virtual Annual General Meeting and welcomed our new Board of Directors for 2021-2022, including our new President, John Tzountzouris, the first man to hold this role!
- Our Food ‘4’ Thought program for young moms in the Durham region had weekly food deliveries, which would not be possible without our dedicated team of volunteers.
- Girls Inc. of Durham also welcomes a new face to the organization, Maleeha Shams has joined the team as the Volunteer/Communications Coordinator. She is looking forward to working with the rest of the passionate and dedicated team of staff and volunteers to support the Girls Inc mission of inspiring girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
Now that it’s summer, we are so excited to be offering our second virtual summer camp for our girls while in-person summer camp guidelines continue to change on a daily basis. Head to our summer programming page to learn more about the different programs being offered.
If you are interested in adding your name to our in-person camp waiting list please contact Vanessa at email@example.com and we will send out more information as things are continually changing. For more information email Tracey McCannell, Director of Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905 428-8111; ext. 222.
Keep an eye out on Girls Inc. of Durham social media!
We will be showcasing:
- Summer camp programming highlights
- Virtual programming is still chock-full of awesome, fun, engaging activities that we love to show off!
- Summer Camp staff spotlights
- We have hired a fantastic team of summer camp staff, including 9 Girls Inc. alumna
- Our staff will be amazing mentors and program facilitators over the summer
- JOOOKOOO Summer camp registration
- Community partner with Girls Inc. of Durham, offering free summer camp for youth
- Volunteer opportunities
- Updates for in-person programming
- Special events in the community
- Information about Fall programming