As COVID-19 continues to be a serious public health threat, we all need to continue to take simple steps to stay healthy, limit the spread of COVID-19 and make informed decisions about COVID-19 vaccination. In an effort to support parents and youth in Canada, we are providing you with resources of credible information about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccination.
On November 19, 2021, Health Canada authorized a Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty vaccine made for children aged 5 to 11. For information on COVID-19 vaccines for this age group, visit Canada.ca/covid-vaccine and provincial or territory websites for information based on where you live.
We also currently have the following resources available for parents of youth that are 12 years old and older. These resources can be used in your communications in a variety of ways including through emails, your website, social media or on digital signage.
COVID-19 vaccine resources for parents of youth over 12
- Landing page with the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines for children and youth
- Ask the experts video series: COVID-19 vaccine questions answered by experts. The series includes the following videos focused on youth and COVID-19 vaccination:
- Should youth get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it’s available to them?
- I am pregnant or breastfeeding. Should I get the COVID-19 Vaccine? CLICK HERE for COVID-19-Vaccine-Information
- How do I know a COVID-19 vaccine is safe for my youth without long-term data?
- Can the COVID-19 vaccines affect fertility?
- I’m young and healthy. Why should I get vaccinated if I’m not at risk?
- Factsheet: The facts about COVID-19 vaccines (available in 17 languages)
- Get the facts about COVID-19 vaccines social media images (available in 17 languages) including these topics:
- The vaccines do not affect fertility.
- Youth should get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it’s available to them.
- Video: COVID-19 vaccines – It’s time for kids to make memories again (available in 15 languages)
- Infographic: Vaccine development and approval in Canada (available in 17 languages)
- Video: How vaccines are developed
The COVID-19 Awareness Tool Kit is also available online and provides links to more information resources about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines.
There are also COVID-19 resource products in languages beyond English and French. These multilingual resources are available on our COVID-19 Awareness resource pages.